Individual Select Preferred Dental
Individual Select Preferred Dental offers coverage of routine dental services, with your choice of over 5,000 participating providers.
- Network of over 5,000 dental providers throughout Maryland, Washington, D.C. and Northern Virginia.
- Preventive and diagnostic dental services, including examinations, cleanings, and X-rays, are covered in full when visiting a participating provider.
- Coverage is also available for routine treatment from non-participating providers. If out-of-network care is received, claim forms must be filed and higher out-of-pocket expenses may be incurred.
- No claim forms to file when receiving care from a participating dentist.
- No annual deductibles to meet.
- No referrals are required to receive care under this plan.
Select a Coverage Level and Designate a Payment Option
CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield (CareFirst) offers Individual Select - Preferred Dental, a routine services only dental plan to residents of Maryland, Washington D.C. and parts of Northern Virginia1. The plan will automatically renew from year to year unless terminated.
Coverage for Dependent Children
Dependent children, up to age 26, can be added to a dental plan.
Once your application is received, we will send you a bill. Your bill will detail your selected plan, your selected payment option, your premium information and payment due date. Payments are due on an annual or quarterly basis.
- Annual: Pay the full amount of the annual premium cost in one payment.
- Quarterly (4 payments): The annual premium payment is divided into four equal payments to be paid every three months.
1 Our service area includes the cities of Alexandria and Fairfax, the town of Vienna, Arlington County and the areas of Fairfax and Prince William counties in Virginia lying east of Route 123.
Two easy ways to enroll!
- Apply online here.
- Download and complete the appropriate enrollment application.
Be sure to choose the annual or quarterly payment option.
Send in your application, without a check or money order to:
P.O. Box 14651
Lexington, KY 40512
Please Note: You must live in Maryland, the District of Columbia or the following areas of Northern Virginia: the city of Alexandria or Fairfax, the town of Vienna, Arlington County, or the areas of Fairfax and Prince William counties in Virginia lying east of Route 123.
We will mail you your membership card and a detailed information packet. Your coverage will be effective the first of the month following receipt of application and premium, if received by the 20th of the month.
For additional information, contact us Monday through Thursday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. or Friday from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. at 855-503-4862.