Medigap Plans for Residents of Maryland and Washington, D.C.
Benefits of a MedPlus Medigap Plan
Did you know Medicare was never designed to pay all of your health care expenses? More importantly, the gaps in Medicare could cost you thousands of dollars out of your own pocket each year. A serious illness or lengthy hospital stay could make a big dent in your retirement savings.
That’s why it’s so important to protect yourself and your savings with a CareFirst MedPlus Medigap plan (for Maryland and Washington, D.C. residents). All of our MedPlus plans offer:
- Affordable rates with multiple discounts available to help reduce your rate even more
- A discount of approximately 10 percent if you reside with someone who is also enrolled in a MedPlus Medigap plan
- An additional $2 off monthly or $24 annually if you choose the annual payment or monthly automated payment option
- A card that is recognized nationwide
- A fitness program through SilverSneakers Fitness1
- A local company with six walk-in regional offices for personal assistance and support
Did you know SilverSneakers is included with your CareFirst MedPlus membership at no additional cost?
MedPlus Medigap plans are:
1 SilverSneakers is a product owned by Healthways, Inc., an independent company that is solely responsible for their products and provides services to CareFirst MedPlus members. Healthways does not sell BlueCross or BlueShield products. SilverSneakers is not a benefit guaranteed through your Medigap insurance Policy. It is however a health program option made available outside of the Policy to CareFirst MedPlus members. Healthways and SilverSneakers are registered trademarks of Healthways, Inc. and/or its subsidiaries.
In some states, Medigap (Medicare Supplement) plans are available for under age 65 disabled individuals that are eligible for Medicare.
Neither CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield nor its Medicare supplement insurance policies are connected or endorsed by the U.S. government or the federal Medicare program.
CareFirst MedPlus is the business name of First Care, Inc.
This is a solicitation of insurance.