Congratulations, you are now enrolled in the school’s health plan.
- To get plan details, manage your health care and more, sign up for My Account, CareFirst’s secure member site. Enter your school issued student ID as your member ID and then choose a secure password. You can create a user ID as part of registration.
- You will be mailed a CareFirst member ID card. You can also download your ID card from My Account as soon as your plan is effective.
- For access to your health care information on the go, download the CareFirst mobile app.
If you want to WAIVE Student Health Insurance from CareFirst
- Log in to My Account, CareFirst’s secure member site. Enter your school issued student ID as your member ID and then choose a secure password.
- After logging in, you can view the Student Health Plan benefits and rates to compare with your current coverage.
- Once in My Account, you can access and submit a waiver request to opt out of Student Health Plan coverage. You will need to provide proof that your current coverage satisfies your university's waiver requirements.
- If you waive coverage, your Student Health Plan will be cancelled retroactive to the first day of the plan year. If you used your Student Health Plan coverage before you waived out, you may be responsible for reimbursing your providers for the cost of those services.
- If you waive coverage during the enrollment period, you would need to meet the requirements for a qualifying life event and submit the Qualifying Life Event Form to enroll in coverage at a later date.
NOTE: If you do not waive coverage in My Account during the enrollment period, you will be automatically enrolled in the CareFirst Student Health Plan and the premium cost will be included in your tuition fees. To view the waiver deadline for your university, log in to My Account.
If you want to ENROLL a dependent
- If you are enrolled in the Student Health Plan, you may also elect to enroll eligible dependents. Eligible dependents include your spouse and dependent children under age 26.
- After logging in, you can view the Student Health Plan benefits and rates to compare with your current plan.
- If you do not enroll your dependents during the enrollment period, you will not be able to enroll until the following enrollment period unless you experience a qualifying life event.
- To enroll dependents, complete and mail in the Dependent Enrollment Form. You will be required to pay the full annual of the premium for any dependents by check when you enroll.