Student Health Plans Available through Your University
Student Health Plans from a Name You Know and Trust
Why purchase Student Health Insurance?
- If attending an out-of-state school, your current policy may not provide adequate coverage in the state where your school is located
- Student plans can be less expensive and may have lower deductibles and out-of-pocket expenses than your current plan
- International students on a J-1 or J-2 visa are required to have health insurance for the full duration of their program
As the largest health care insurer in the Mid-Atlantic region, CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield (CareFirst) Student Health Plans provide students with the largest network of doctors in the region at affordable rates.
Our Student Health Plans make it easier to get care and be covered. Students will be automatically enrolled in the Student Health Plan unless they waive out of coverage during the enrollment period.
If your university offers Student Health Plans through CareFirst's secure website, log in to My Account, to:
- View plan information
- Download your Member ID card
- Find a doctor or facility
When choosing CareFirst Student Health plans, you get:
- Largest network of providers in the region —Choose the doctors you want to see
- Coverage in 50 states and nearly 200 countries —Access to nearly all providers throughout the nation and emergency care abroad
- Mobile access—Log in quickly with iPhone’s Touch ID. Search for a provider, locate nearby urgent care or pharmacies, or view digital member ID cards
Lots of ways to save:
- No cost preventive services including routine adult physicals, well-child exams, and immunizations
- Lower out-of-pocket costs such as low deductibles, low office visit copays
- Prescription coverage with access to 69,000 pharmacies nationwide
- CareFirst Video Visit – see a board-certified doctor 24/7 using a smartphone, tablet or computer when not feeling well and unable to reach your primary care physician
- Free 24/7 nurse advice line– call a registered nurse who can provide medical advice
- Online tools to manage your health care
For any questions on eligibility, contact your university or your university's insurance administrator.