Health Insurance Glossary: T
- TEFRA (Tax Equity and Fiscal Responsibility Act of 1982)
- Requires employers with 20 or more employees to offer active employees and their spouses aged 65-69 the same level of health care benefits offered to younger employees. These employees will have their regular group coverage as primary and Medicare as secondary.
- Termination Date
- The date indicated in an insurance contract as the date coverage expires.
- Three-Tier Prescription Drug Benefit
- A benefit option in which a member pays a lower copay for generic drugs (Tier 1), a higher copay for preferred brand name drugs (Tier 2) and the highest copay for non-preferred brand name drugs (Tier 3). See Formulary.
- Traditional Insurance
- See Fee-for-Service Plans.