Getting Shots and Vaccines With Your Health Insurance
When you have insurance, many preventive shots and vaccines are covered—which can help protect you from preventable diseases like the flu, measles and meningitis and the potential costs of getting sick.
Without insurance, something like the shingles vaccine could cost around $200.
The cost of shots and vaccines depends on two factors:
- The type of shot or vaccine
- Your health insurance coverage
Which Vaccines Are Covered by Insurance?
Many insurance plans cover vaccines, such as:
- HPV (Human Papillomavirus)
For the majority of CareFirst members, most vaccinations are completely free. You won’t have to pay any out-of-pocket copays, coinsurance or anything toward your deductible.
What shots and vaccines are covered in your plan?
- If you’re a CareFirst member, you can find what vaccines are covered in the Summary of Preventive Services . Or you can ask Member Services any questions you may have.
- If you’re a member of another health plan (or comparing available benefits), ask your health insurer’s Member Services office what vaccines your health insurance covers.