Mission & Values
In accordance with the Charter of the nonprofit health service plan, the mission of CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield shall be to:
- Provide affordable and accessible health insurance to the plan’s insured and those persons insured or issued health benefit plans by affiliates or subsidiaries of the plan.
- Assist and support public and private health care initiatives for individuals without health insurance.
- Promote the integration of a health care system that meets the health care needs of all the residents of the jurisdictions in which the nonprofit health system service plan operates.
Our values serve as the pillars of all we do. They guide our company’s dedication to maximizing our community’s access to high quality, cost effective health care services.
- We see ourselves through the eyes of our customers.
- We deliver services that anticipate our customers’ needs.
- We act with unquestionable ethics.
- We communicate openly, directly and timely.
Personal Accountability for Excellence
- We take individual ownership for achieving high performance.
- We demonstrate a bias for action.
One Company, One Team
- We align our decisions and actions for the greater good.
- We collaborate and support others to achieve results.
- We demonstrate leadership in our markets, our communities, and the health care industry.
- We each set an example of high ethical standards in performing our duties.
CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield has a separate code for its vendor/contractor relationships. View our third party code of conduct.