The Supplier Diversity Program supports CareFirst's commitment to diversity, inclusion and equity because it enables diverse businesses in our communities to grow. As a participant in our Supplier Diversity Program, you’ll support our company mission to:
- Offer affordable health plans
- Address our membership’s needs
- Conduct business responsibly
- Collaborate with the communities in which we operate
- Control health care costs
- Promote respect, fairness and opportunity for our members, associates and suppliers
*Interested in becoming a CareFirst vendor partner? To be considered for a supplier opportunity, please provide us with information about your organization.
It's a Win-Win
A collective commitment to a more diverse, experienced supplier base benefits everyone by:
Increasing competitive advantage with a wider range of suppliers offering the right mix of services, flexibility, innovative products and quality.
Increased understanding of diverse viewpoints and perspectives and opening doors to previously inaccessible markets.
Contributing a varied range of ideas, solutions and innovations.
Supporting recruitment, inclusion and retention of individuals from various backgrounds.
If your business is a Minority, Women, LGBT, Veteran, Service-Disabled Veteran or Disability-Owned Business and you would like to be considered for future opportunities, we want to hear from you!
Organizations offering the above certifications include:
- State of Maryland Department of Transportation
- City of Baltimore
- Prince George’s County, Maryland
- Women's Business Enterprise National Council
- National Minority Supplier Development Council
- National Gay & Lesbian Chamber of Commerce
- U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs
- U.S. Business Leadership Network
*If you meet these qualifications and are interested in becoming a CareFirst supplier, please register.
* Registering does not guarantee our business with your company.