Brokers & Partners
Payment Deferral Requests for May Must be Submitted by June 10, 2020
(Available for your fully insured groups with CareFirst medical coverage)
During this challenging time, CareFirst is committed to ensuring our employer groups’ policies are not cancelled for nonpayment of premiums. Employers experiencing difficulties with making their payments can apply for a deferral. Any group requesting this option must have medical coverage and provide written documentation to you, indicating this request and the deferral month(s).
- For groups with less than 200 employees - You can request a premium deferral request on behalf of fully insured employer groups that CareFirst bills directly. Requests for groups billed by a third-party administrator must be made by contacting the FSP.
- Log in to the Broker portal and navigate to the group's profile page. Navigate to Billing Home and click the payment deferral form under Quick Links.
- For groups with more than 200 employees – Please contact the assigned CareFirst Account Executive to request payment deferral.
- Please note that you can only make payment deferral requests on a per-group basis. Only one payment deferral per group can be submitted.
- Once your request has been made, it will be considered final for the requested period and cannot be modified online.
Please note, you can only make deferral requests for groups that CareFirst bills directly. Deferral requests for groups billed by a third-party administrator (TPA) must be made by contacting the FSP.
For additional details, please review the FAQs on payment deferral and eligibility below.